Friday, March 5, 2010

A Mother's Prayer Poem

I originally saw this poem framed and hanging in a dear friend's bathroom back in October. She did not realize that I copied it (via my cell phone) and placed it on our blog.
Today she emailed it to me...and today I needed it. I wanted to share it will all of you again.
A Mother's Prayer
Oh give me patience when tiny hands
Tug at me with their small demands.
And give me gentle & smiling eyes;
Keep my lips from sharp replies.
And let not fatigue, confusion or noise
Obscure my vision of life's fleeting joys.
So when years later and my house is still-
No bitter memories its room may fill.
~author unknown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this last night in my devotional and it will now become my daily prayer.....

Dear Lord, I am asking for wisdom today to know how to best raise my kids. Help me to know when to discipline and when to give grace. Help me sense Your nearness so I don't feel so alone and overwhelmed with this task of being a mom. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


Just thought I'd share it with you.

Jen said...

Love that!!!

I think we need to have both of those framed and in our homes somewhere!!!!

It is so hard being mommy sometimes!! We cannot do it without His help!!!!

Thank you for posting that! I am going to add it to the blog so that all can see!!! = - )